[ale] help with LDE [linux disk editor]

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:43:27 EST 2006

Courtney,

Did you ever get it resolved.

If not, reading "man gpart" is worth your time.

And I think it has a -W arg to actually update the partition table in the MBR.

Having that should allow you to mount the drives etc, but the drive
itself will not be bootable.

If you want to boot off of the drive you have to install some boot
loader code into the MBR.  Personally I use grub  (via grub-install
IIRC).

Hope you got it working
Greg