[ale] Apache/CGI

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Nov 28 17:05:41 EST 2006

> It is a test to see if I can accomplish true bidirectional
> communications via a CGI.  Bidirectional just like ssh or telnet.

Not exactly...

http/apache is not reading character by character..
normally. It reads line by line, ie: waiting for a \n
or <cr> before it parses a line at a time.

That being said, writing a perl/python/java/php/??
program that binds to port 80 (or any other port)
and does what you want... is trivial.
(ok, you may need readline libs to do character by character..)

And.. in the olden days.. you could run an echo server
that did just that... on port 7, or any other port.