[ale] Apache and GCI echo server (UPDATE)

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Nov 26 21:50:24 EST 2006

I think the difference is that minimal web servers like thttpd and
GoAhead simply use select to pass data between the browser and any cgi
program.  Apache is more restricted in what it will do.  In a GET it
will expect all output from the CGI then when the CGI dies it will pass
that output to the browser.  A POST probably works in the opposite
direction.  Get all output from the browser then execute CGI and pass
that output to it.  The only option I can see is a httpd.conf parameter
that will allow me to tell it on certain pages to simply use select to
pass data between the browser and the cgi.  Not even sure of that is
possible...