[ale] preventing trojans/bots

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 25 14:05:23 EST 2006

I know several people who have been using the AVG solution, but the free
version dies on Jan. 15, 2007, and all they will offer then is the
commercial version.

The best Windoze package I've seen for an AV and Spam blocker is the
Zone Labs ZoneAlarm Pro  package. It is about the best and most
comprehensive AV package out there, and it receives very high marks from
just about every review I've read. It includes their ZoneAlarm Firewall,
which is way better than the MS joke that is included in WXP SP2.

Utility wise, I still like the Symantec Norton System Works about the
best, and you can get the Basic package which doesn't have an AV program
in it for not much money.

If it was mine, that's what I'd do..

Dan