[ale] Ubuntu 6.10 install

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Wed Nov 22 23:47:37 EST 2006

Wonderful.  I am glad to discover that Ubuntu hasn't followed MS too
far down the bigger hardware path.

That is exactly what attracted me to Linux in the first place.  I
could take a win 98 era machine and load a real multi-tasking 32 bit
OS on it and keep using it when everyone was putting their machines
out with the garbage because 2k wouldn't run on them well.

I'll try the alternate cd.  OBTW burning the CD at 4x did help it
load.  I got to the CD desk top but it hung when I tried to start the
install. (it really hung I waited a few hours)

Thanks,  I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark