[ale] Make emacs show "invisible" characters

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:03:53 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 17:22 +0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> If you want to view it in emacs, you can install the
> blank-mode package:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/blank-mode_package

It looks interesting, though it doesn't seem to discern between
DOS/Mac/UNIX newline modes.  There is some sort of a customization
interface, but I certainly don't understand it.  :-/

> William Bagwell replied:
> > ... Recently needed to do something similar, and resorted
> > to using a hex editor.
>
> You mean you entered hexl-mode inside of emacs, right? :)

Now, now.  That is a gem!  I didn't even know that existed.  I should
have.  It will be highly useful (I hate using xxd...)

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
   Jabber IM: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!