[ale] Ubuntu 6.10 install

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Wed Nov 22 11:33:58 EST 2006

I have been trying to install 5.10 on a laptop so I could upgrade to
6.10 and I am getting a failure at the step after the kernel loads.
I think that I may have too small a disk(5.1g).  However the problem
with the other installs is that the 6.10 disk hangs before it gets
the live setup started.  I have used this disk on 3 computers without
success and 1 successfully.

I found the memory required to run 6.10 is 128 so that disqualifies
one of the machines I tried to install on but I am stumped as to why
the others won't work.

I thought about downloading the iso again but I do have one working
install from this disk.

thanks,

Mark