[ale] OT: longest time to find a bug?

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 16:33:10 EST 2006

hey,

I had a coworker yesterday identify a bug in a class file I tweaked (not the
original author) back in March.  it's an obscure, barely used part of our
site (many of you know which) that's seasonal and couldn't be fully tested
back then anyway so I'm not losing any sleep over it (that plus it wasn't my
job to do in the 1st place - was helping developers out at the time).

anyway, I'm pretty sure at 238 days I now hold the record here for longest
elapsed time from launch to bug identifed.

can anyone beat that?  :-P