[ale] Dual boot setup

Randal Jarrett rsj at radio.org
Sun Nov 12 23:21:50 EST 2006

The only way that I know of to install windows after you already
have Linux installed is to have a Linux boot disk, Use one of the
many programs to shrink the Linux partition down to give you room
to install windows.  Use the same partition pkg to make a new partition
in windows format for the version of windows that you are installing
such as fat32 or ntfs.

Then install windows very carefully picking the second partition,
your new windows partition.

Once windows is installed, use your Linux bootdisk to boot your
Linux partition.

At this point you need to re-setup your boot manager, grub or lilo.

Hopefully if everything goes ok and you prayed to the right gods then
you will now have a dual boot system.

You did make a backup of your important stuff from your Linux partition
didn't you?????

Randy