[ale] Database Design Tools for PostgreSQL?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 12:50:31 EST 2006

Okay... so searching still yields me naught, and I am wondering if
anyone might happen to know of a good solution for the problem that I
have:  I need to design a highly complex database (comparatively to what
one can conjure up in one's mind; it is probably rather simplistic
compared to some of the databases that I've seen in the past).  I can do
this in raw SQL, but I'd rather not.  It takes forever.  :-)

That having been said, is there any free (libre) software that anyone
has seen that is good with providing a user interface to create complex
databases in a better way?  I've seen pgAdmin and phpPgAdmin, but those
are more management solutions for databases already running and aren't
really ideal for creating something that has hundreds of tables.  I
would like something where I can simply define the fields, connect
related fields together, and have the system come up with the actual
(lengthy!) SQL code to execute to create the database so that I can get
to programming the application that is going to run on the database.
Ideally, I would be able to retain the database layout in a file that
can be later re-used as a reference to program against.

Any ideas?

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
   Jabber IM: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!