[ale] WAY OT: Electrical question...

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 18:02:03 EST 2006

Well, what I was taught was to wipe the tip clean after every session, and
then unscrew it a little from the
soldering iron with a pair of pliers while it's still hot. That way, it
won't freeze up in there and you can replace it easily
when the time comes.  I'd also lean toward keeping it hot; mostly the
cycling is what harms electrical equipment.

-- CHS