[ale] Xwindows on DOS

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Nov 9 21:07:42 EST 2006

You're looking for dosemu and xdosemu. Both use freedos as the dos
platform and provide a native Linux environment to run it all in.

It's been a _long_ time since I tinkered with it, but the last time I
did, I was able to run basically any old dos game I found and even had
working sound.

The sound still was crappy but it worked :)