[ale] Internet connectivity question

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 13:41:46 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 13:09 -0500, Bob Toxen wrote:
> Some ISPs are so incompetent they don't supply that RDNS.

I believe their "incompetence" is due to requests from the email systems
operators community.  Lack of a PTR record is something easy to reject
inbound mail from, whereas existence of a PTR record requires that
further RBL and custom checks have to be applied wasting time,
resources, and bandwidth.  I applaud the complete elimination of PTRs
unless necessitated and instigated (as well as responsibly secured) by
the customer, as well as having that customer properly identified via
rwhois.

-Jim P.