[ale] Laptops and Linux

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Nov 6 10:56:20 EST 2006

Besides those three memory hogs, you're probably using a bloated
desktop with a gazillion unneeded graphics daemons.

I'm quite happy with fvwm on Slackware on my 1.4GHz AMD and 384MB memory
on my low-end R31 IBM ThinkPad laptop.  I run two broswers and a
gazillion xterms on 6 desktops and it is VERY fast.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"