[ale] Laptops and Linux

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Nov 3 11:26:42 EST 2006

Agreed he shouldn't be having problems with his config.  Something isn't
right.  Might want to make sure he has SMP kernel running but even at a
single core one would think it should work.

512 MB without swap might be an issue though.

Also we don't know the size or complexity of the spreadsheet.  Back in
my accounting days I created some fairly huge ones that would tax the
box quite heavily due to all the formulas and conditionals I'd created.
Adding multiple sheets to a work book and automatic queries could make
it hammer memory quite a bit.