[ale] Laptops and Linux

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 3 11:09:42 EST 2006

But in no way should a "mere" 512 MB RAM be the source of his problem.
Before a need to run an app with a 26GB disk footprint forced a max-out
to 1-1/4 GB RAM from 512 MB, I could *pound* my laptop with KDE, OO,
PostgreSQL, many windows' worth of Firefox, Thunderbird, Amarok, and
develop Python code all at the same time with no issues at all.