[ale] Interesting note from the Wall Street Journal today

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:16:18 EST 2006

Novell - 2 billion to buy (rough estimate).
Microsoft - Thinks about partnership.

Redhat - 3.1 billion to buy (rough estimate)
Oracle - thinks about it.

Hmmmmm, corellation?

On 11/2/06, Dan Lambert <danlambert at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I thought you folks might be interested in this Tech Alert I just got
> from the Wall Street Journal.
>
> "Microsoft Is Set to Give Linux a Boost
> Through Partnership With Novell
> By ROBERT A. GUTH
> November 2, 2006 2:59 p.m.
> [nowides]
>
> Microsoft Corp. is entering into an unusual partnership with Novell Inc.
> that gives a boost to the Linux operating system, a rival to the
> software giant's Windows software, according to people familiar with the
> companies."
>
> There's more, but I thought everyone would be interested in seeing what
> MS and Novell are up to.
>
> Dan

KingBahamut
http://doc.gwos.org - Definitive Ubuntu Documentation
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."