[ale] CF card permissions in Kubuntu

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Nov 2 11:51:34 EST 2006

On Thu November 2 2006 11:20 am, Dale Heatherington wrote:
> I've changed my OS from Suse 9.2 to Kubuntu 6.06. ?When I insert a
> CF card it automounts and the permissions on all the files defaults
> to 700 . ?With Suse it was 755.
>
> I'd like to change the default file permissions for USB flash
> drives. ? However, these automount and are not in /etc/fstab . ? The
> drives appear in /media/sda1. ?I assume there is a config file
> somewhere that sets the permissions. ?Does anyone know how to change
> them?
I googled and found this:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=330584

Read the man pages for umask, mount, fstab and this Quick and Dirty
Guide to Linux File Permissions:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/answers.php?action=viewarticle&artid=20

This is what I use in /etc/fstab:
Code:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/flash vfat users,umask=1000,rw,noauto 0 0

hope that helps!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800