[ale] RHEL 4 on HP Integrity (ia64)

Lane Oden lane.oden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 08:46:59 EST 2006

Hey AlErs...

I'm relatively new to the list and this is my first post...

Anyone here have any experience with RHEL4 (or any of its clones) on ia64?

I downloaded media from RH the other day (official media kit is currently in
transit). When the EFI boot starts the DVD drive, elilo starts, loads the
kernel and ram disk... and then nothing...

>From all the hp/RH documentation I've seen to this point, if it detects a
video card, it should default to that as its standard output device. But
I've even tried booting linux and linux test from the elilo prompt with no
change in behavior. The machine doesn't appear to have stopped responding. I
just can't find the output.

Sound familiar to anyone?