[ale] Comcast HSI was Re: 10M service

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Wed May 31 17:33:01 EDT 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 06:37:01PM -0400, Vernard Martin wrote:
> Joshua Kite wrote:
> > I'm at the southern end of Ashford Dunwoody, between Peachtree and
> > Clairmont.  Our neighborhood email group is filled with more
> > complaints about Comcast HSI than anything else.
> >
> > The Comcast people we've talked to (all the way up to a regional VP)
> > seem to be unaware that problems exist, much less that they seem to be
> > caused by their own people.
> >
> > Could we get a show of hands of who and where have had similar
> > problems w/ Comcast?  This isn't a bitch session as much as it is
> > looking for a pattern.  If everyone in Atlanta is having random cuts
> > in upload speed, then it's surely not the cable on my street (which
> > the local supervisor acted like it was).
> I live on the border of Chamblee and Tucker on Henderson Mill Road. I
> have had consistently bad service with Comcast since November of last
> year. I am currently in the process of looking at DSL services to
> replace it.
I've had 5 years of terrible Comcast service.  Poor reliability, far lower
average bandwidth than claimed, and customer NOservice that doesn't even
answer the phone or take one off of hold after half an hour.

As soon as I finish a client project I will be switching to BellSouth
high-speed fiber.  (I do dread the quality when AT&T completes the rape of,
I mean, merger with BellSouth, the best of the Baby Bells.)