[ale] Can't print some PDFs

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 30 21:38:02 EDT 2006

J. D. Pearson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>      I have run into problems printing particularly flashy pdf documents
> on various different HP printers (HP4000s) under different versions of
> redhat (RHEL4 and older). Upon trying to print such a document it seems
> to hang up in the printer. It says "Processing Job" on the printer LCD.
> I have waited 15 minutes to no avail. I also tried setting it to a raw
> print queue. Other stuff prints fine. Anybody else run into this one?

Assuming you're using acrobat reader to print, select a different
postscript option level (2,3). And see if that works.

Also, see if you can open it with ghostview (gv)

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin