[ale] KVM switch?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri May 26 19:34:13 EDT 2006

Greg Freemyer wrote:
> I've got a bunch of 4port KVM switches, and several of them don't work very
> well.  Mouse etc. keeps getting out of sync with the Linux computer.
> Fortunately most of my Linux boxes are CLI only, but I like to have the
> option to so a startx and have it work.
>
> Now I need to get an 8-port KVM, and I don't want to spend $1,000+, but it
> only seems smart to find one that actually allows the mouse to work with
> Linux.

I've got a 4 port Linksys that cost me around $100 about 6 years ago.
Works great with Linux and still going.

I can't speak for anything larger or newer. :(

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin