[ale] 10M service

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Fri May 26 16:29:30 EDT 2006

Have to aggree with you Josh, what end of town are you on.

Im over in Marietta, and everytime major changes come about , I get a huge
service drop for more than at least a decent period of time.

On 5/26/06, Joshua Kite <jwkite at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jerry,
>
> It does sound like we've gone through the same exact thing.  What's odd,
> though, is that a coworker also had a similar problem in East Atlanta.  It
> got so bad for him that he left Comcast for BellSouth.  Your neighbor is
> near me, and we've been fighting this problem for nearly 6 months now.  I
> believe your tech was speaking the truth, Comcast seems to be preparing for
> something huge, but I think every time they make a change in the hub (D-9 in
> our case) they manage to screw something else up.
>
> It's a shame, because the 8M service rocks when it's working right!
>
> Josh
>

> On 5/26/06, Jerry Yu <jjj863 at gmail.com > wrote:
> >
> > Joshua,
> > I had similar problems back in March. eventually,  the uplink got so
> > low that DHCP queries couldn't be sent upstream => lost service for a
> > few days.  the comcast tech told me  that they were doing some changes
> > in prep for either bigger bandwidth (10Mbps ?!) or  more subscribers.
> > The prep had caused S/N problems for some neighborhoods. In fact a
> > friend of mine and his neighbors are suffering from this problem now.
> > He lives in a S/D on chamblee-tucker rd near peachtree industrial
> >
> > On 5/26/06, Joshua Kite < jwkite at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > BellSouth does offer 6M in some places, and it has plans to increase
> > that.
> > > The 6M service is available where fiber exists at the curb in front of
> > the
> > > house or in places where BLS has a cabinet very close (less than 5000
> > feet,
> > > I believe) to the home.  I've not heard of problems with the 6M
> > service when
> > > BLS is able to provide it, but I know of many cases where someone
> > ordered
> > > DSL only to find out that they were too far away from an office or
> > cabinet
> > > to get the service they wanted or any service at all.
> > >
> > > The best speed I would be able to actually get from BLS would be 2M,
> > so it
> > > would be pointless for me to order anything other than the 1.5Mservice from
> > > them.  I've decided to go with Comcast, but it's pretty
> > craptastic.  Our
> > > entire neighborhood has had problems with our service; I measured my
> > upload
> > > speed two days ago at 4kbps!

> > heard

KingBahamut
Founder of the GWoS
All Around Geek
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."