[ale] Ubuntu (sound/kde/apm?)

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu May 25 16:58:37 EDT 2006

Ok, with all the Ubuntu talk I figured I'd ask 2 questions, hopefully
someone will hit a direction I missed.  This is all on an IBM Thinkpad
R50 Laptop.

1) Since converting from Debian Unstable to Ubuntu Breezy apm no longer
   works.  I've tried the stock kernels as well as a home rolled.  When
   I try to execute "apm" with the driver as a module it says no such
   device.  When I try to compile apm into the kernel, it says no apm in
   the kernel.  It worked fine under debian unstable.  Now I can't
   suspend the laptop.

2) After the rebuild, xmms can still play mp3's but "xmms" doesn't and I
   also don't get sound from things like youtube video or flash videos.
   Anyone know if I'm missing a config option to enable a device somewhere?

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for              First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                       - Manowar