[ale] Ubuntu

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 25 14:31:17 EDT 2006

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu May 25 2006 11:56 am, KingBahamut wrote:
>> Geoff, e17 Devs always think 5 years ahead of everyone else.
>
> nice desktop.. nice, and clean, and... where IS everything!!!!!
> it has firefox as default browser, I use seamonkey. It has sylpheed
> claws as email, I use kmail.... no office packages, no menus..
> in my spare time I'll have to read up on this. oh, all the apps worked
> fine except the last, enlightenment itself. I had to use
> smart-install-enlightenment, and it installed 999.023 not the latest
> 027.

I started out running gnome-panel on top of it.  There's a script
floating around that will build a full set of menus so you have access
to everything installed on your box.  I've not looked at the script, so
I don't know how it works it's magic.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin