[ale] OT: Online game rentals

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed May 24 14:45:12 EDT 2006

Can someone here recommend an online game rental service that is not
Gamefly.  I have been a member of Gamefly and have had some issues
receiving and shipping games back to them.  Its not been as bad as
Netflix but I guess they have more to lose per each lost game.

----- [ Cut Here ] -----------------------------------------------

Dear Christopher,

We have reviewed the shipping problems in your account and those in your
local zip code and determined that we are temporarily unable to provide
the level of delivery service that you deserve. Until we can guarantee
the successful delivery of your games, we are forced to close your
account. We will work diligently with the USPS to understand and correct
these problems and contact you when appropriate.

If any of the games that are currently marked with a shipping problem
are recovered, please contact us immediately and we will review with you
to determine if we can reactivate your account.

In recognition of the unused service time on your account, GameFly has
issued a refund in the amount of $11.43. Please return all outstanding
rentals within 7 days.

We are in business to serve our customers and it is with great
reluctance that we reach this conclusion, but in cases like this we do
not want our customers paying for unacceptable service levels. We will
do our best to create the conditions under which you will receive the
excellent service that you deserve.

Sincerely,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: support at gamefly.com
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

The last thing I want to do is move back to BlockBuster because their
selection sucks and rarely do they have what I want in.  I liked GameFly
because I could purchase games from them if I wanted to keep them and
the price was better than buying a used game at any game store.

A reference to a good service that offers a good selection would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris