[ale] Best processor for MythTV?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Fri May 19 13:41:07 EDT 2006

Well yeah.  I'm mostly interested in this as a technological toy. If it was
up to me, we wouldn't even have a TV in the house.  Plus we don't have
cable.  If my wife doesn't take to it, I might-could sell it or convert it
into some other interesting thing.

But thanks for the insights into processor speed vs video card. Looks like
I'm gonna get stuck with a fairly hefty CPU to make this run right. The
shuttle only has one PCI slot, so I have to run the Radeon on the MB. Alas,
although the Radeon 9100 can do  hardware mpeg2 decoding, ATI won't release
the details to the driver writers. Dang man.

BTW what is "bob deint"? I thought it was a typo, but google has lots o'
references without ever giving a definition.

-- CHS (Video newbie, ok linux d00d)