[ale] Best MTA?

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Fri May 19 13:21:38 EDT 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I have to "third" this.  I've been a very long time sendmail fan, and
> still am for certain situations.  However, the ease with which postfix
> works is just simply magical (at least with Debian).  I still use
> sendmail for heavy volume outbound mail, but I am slowly converting
> inbounds over to postfix.  Having said all of that.... I do like
> sendmail's milter design, it still is superior to anything that I have
> seen for postfix.

You mean other than
<http://www.porcupine.org/postfix-mirror/MILTER_README.html> ? ;-)

I don't use it for anything production -- I find running multiples of the
various Postfix daemons chained together how I need to be sufficient for
what I need to do -- but there is developmental support for Sendmail 8
milters that'll ship in Postfix 2.3 if you want to use them....

later,
chris