[ale] ALE NW for 5/18

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 10:50:14 EDT 2006

ALE NW 5/18

Brian MacLeod will be doing a Kickstart presentation this Thursday
evening.

As before, arrive at TWC between 7:15 and 7:30 so we can gather a
group, and we'll escort you up.  Refreshments are planned, and
security is aware.

8:00 biz & info
8:15 Presentation
8:45? - Hobnobbing and snack devouring

See everyone there!

June 22nd:

Brian Mack of TekSystems has graciously offered to come and speak to
us regarding Linux in the marketplace, and UNIX administration, UNIX
employment, and the recruiting business in general.

I saw his talk at the AUG, and it was quite informative.  He gave
well reasoned, well thought out answers to questions posed by the
group, on a spontaneous basis.

July 20th:

Sid Lane, DBA for The Weather Channel Interactive has graciously
agreed to do a talk on MySQL clustering on July 20th.  We employ a
pretty serious MySQL infrastructure here, and Sid has some great
stuff he'll be covering in July.

As usual:

Speakers always sought, all topics welcome.

Don't forget that with enough notice we can get network for the room,
and have an installfest, installation demos, and the like.  Be
thinking about that too.

Jerald Sheets
Linux Systems Administrator
The Weather Channel Interactive