[ale] Best MTA?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Mon May 15 22:47:11 EDT 2006

Can I get a bit of backfill clarification here?  Someday, I want to get
to a point where all the in-house machines and even the laptops that go
"in the wild" can point to some sort of mail server that I manage such
that no one machine "possesses" any of the e-mail accounts.  I assume
that this would mean that the laptops in the wild will have to penetrate
my firewall, hopefully in an encrypted fashion, to do this.  I should
also state that I would like the laptops and maybe even the in-house
desktops to have local copies of all the mail folders so that they can
still work with messages without having to actually reach the mail server.

How would a setup like that look?

Jeff