[ale] PPP Question?? 'renew' message?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon May 15 20:21:46 EDT 2006

> includes the link's current assigned IP instead of a place-holder used in
> the "request" packet. The 'kick-out' interval seems to be about half an
> hour.

Depending on what radius server and config your ISP is using,
it may not matter, if they are 'kicking' you every 30 minutes
no matter what your activity/packet xfer at the moment is,
it's because they are freeing up phone lines..

And It's been a couple of years since I was intimate
with PPP/SLIP/mPP/mPPP.. but I don't remember any
'renew' command, but I can see where it's possible,
especially on ISDN. But most ISP's just do an idle timeout,
some don't look for idle, they just time you out.

It may be time for a real internet connection..