[ale] OT: Cellphone wierdness

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:41:31 EDT 2006

Isn't AT&T Wireless the same as Cingular?

But anyways, I've been having some weird issues with my cell (Verizon) the
past week or so, and got my first text spam earleir this week.

WMM

On 5/10/06, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had/seen/heard any cellphone wierdness going on in the past
> few days.  I have had incoming calls (which lead to a busy tone, or dead
> air when answered) and blank text msgs, about 3 or 4 a day.  I've seen
> this on my work phone (AT&T Wireless) as well as a personal Cingular
> phone.  Always from different phone numbers, txt msgs are from 5 digit
> numbers.  A friend who lives out of state has also seen this on a
> Cingular phone.  Cellphone virus trying to propagate?
>
> -Jim P.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2