[ale] OT: AMD Athlon 64

Jesse M. Holmes jesse at jessemholmes.net
Sat May 6 11:21:58 EDT 2006

I'm reading about this processor now, and I see:
	256 Tb of memory address space.
I'm no processor buff . . . but above that it mentions that the
processor can eliminate the 4Gb limit on ram.

<_<
>_>

I'm picturing a PC that runs the power grid for a small city.

It also says that it can run both 32bit and 64bit operating systems. I
see a lot more computers being sold (like at Sam's club, e.g.) with
64's. Do you think the majority of applications are also going to be
written for 64's in the near future, or is it going to be a while?

Jesse M. Holmes