[ale] The ale-unempoyed mailing list

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Fri Mar 31 16:56:51 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 04:28:05PM -0500, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> My feeling is that since the consumers of the list are going to be job
> hunters - including job hunters who are doing so under duress - resumes
> are the *last* thing that the list needs.  What it needs are position
> descriptions that are more tightly targeted to Linux-heavy people in the
> Atlanta area than the stuff that floods Monster, ComputerJobs, etc.,
> which any of us can use and search within with equal capability.

That's a valid point.  So would there be *any* outlet for a Linuxhead,
especially someone within our little fiefdom, to post their availability
for employment?  Maybe have another list to complement the job-postings-
only list that could be for job-seekers?  Or maybe just let the occasional
re'sume' fly though the regular ALE list like Kevin did today?

Sorry to be so passionate about all this, but I just remember back when
I was suffering from underemployment in the early oh-two that there
seemed to be a slight sense of anti-job-seeker-posting on the list.  I
wound up resorting to personally hitting up random ALE posters
individually for job leads (thanks, Jerry!).