[ale] inode change after vi a file ?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 09:20:58 EST 2006

I guess ":set backupcopy=yes" should be the default. Otherwise, the inode
change would make it hard, if not impossible, for forensic or audit folks to
use information on these vi-touched-file in court. From where I see it,
after the inode change, for all purposes, they have nothing to do with the
original files.