[ale] "real-time" (was Linux job)

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 29 16:23:18 EST 2006

Intel's iRMX OS is a real Real Time OS. The rest of these are pseudo real
time OS'.

In process management, and in critical facility infrastructure management, a
real time OS is required. iRMX is still one of the premier RTOS' for Intel
chips. I started working with iRMX when it was an 8 bit OS, and now it's a
32 bit OS. It was a more robust OS, and incredibly quicker to handle process
request and data transfers than 32 bit Win, even when it was a 16 bit OS.

Dan Lambert