[ale] Linux job

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Mar 29 13:28:36 EST 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-sharing

No.  time-sharing is a concept with main frames where multiple companies
could share one system to keep the costs down.  Years back when I
programmed Cobol on a main frame the same system was being shared with
the Chicago Lottery.  So we would get so much time and they would get so
much time.  You usually paid by the time so if you had a mistake in a
program you had to run it again and pay again for the time used.