[ale] Bluetooth adapters

A LeDonne aledonne.listmail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:15:31 EST 2006

On 3/28/06, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for some advice on 2 unique Bluetooth adapters.  Please
> respond if you know of something useful or something to avoid.  I've
> heard of the first device, but not the second.
>
> 1) Bluetooth Serial adapter that would replace an RS232 cable and be
> good up to about 20 feet.
>
> 2) Bluetooth Network adapter to plug into a switch and bridge ethernet
> to a BT network (RJ45 10/100 to Bluetooth).
>
> Tia,
>
> -Jim P.

After some poking around, it looks like the closest thing to device 2
is a Bluetooth Access Point. Couldn't find one at newegg...
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=469963

That appears to be what you need if you're just concerned about
getting BT devices onto your otherwise wired TCP/IP network. Is that
the goal?

-A