[ale] OT: music sites?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Mar 28 08:46:49 EST 2006

James P. Kinney III wrote:

> I'm certain the RIAA would NOT see it this way as they are actively
> supporting the development of music media that self destructs after a
> given number of playings and thus forcing you to buy another copy.

Right, and you see their real colors there.  They don't want to preserve
their rights, they just want to make more money off less product.

That really doesn't bother me.  There's very little in the way of music
that's coming out these days I would even consider to be called music. :)

Of course, that's a lie, as I do want my daughter to have reasonable
choices in music.  Still, even for her, there's very little out there
that is worth purchasing.  Either it's just plain junk, or the lyrics
are something she's NOT going to hear.  Yeah, I know, she can get it
from friends and such.  That's okay, because I confiscated her mp3
player the other day to review the songs on it.  Fortunately, I did not
have to delete any and/or have a discussion with her regarding the
choice of tunes there. :)  Don't get me wrong, she's a good kid, but
even good kids make bad decisions every now and then.  It's my
responsibility to spy on her. :) (music, chat, websites...)  She already
knows that when she starts driving, there will be an active gps in the
car...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin