[ale] Mandriva/SQL 2000 ?!?!?!

Jeb Barger jeb at rev-x.com
Fri Mar 24 15:48:48 EST 2006

Thanks to all in advance for answering my question(s)!

I have moving a web app built in php to a linux server (Mandriva 2006),
however, here comes the problem.  All the data is in a MS SQL 2000
server, which I still would like to connect to (baby steps at work).

I have looked into the freetds libraries and unixodbc, however, all the
rpm's in mandriva are using tds version 7.  I believe sql 2000 uses
version 8.  No problem, I thought I would just have to compile it.  That
was a big no go (there were alot of errors in the make that I could not
figure out).

Any suggestions?  Anybody know of a different platform that this may be
easier?  or has anybody done this?

Thanks,

Jeb