[ale] monitoring a web page

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 09:46:34 EST 2006

Now that I'm out of the car, and can actually read the email...  :P

I'd probably wget the page, and store it.  Next pull, diff the new
copy to the old.  If no output, ignore.  If output, then email you.
Set that puppy up in cron, and you're set.

Sorry for the slightly mis-directed answer before.  However, I know
with the scripting backend to Big Brother and Nagios, you can easily
monitor web pages, and also monitor them for changes, but now that I
can read the email, it's clearly overkill for what you want.

bash+wget+diff+mail+cron should do you in this case.

Jerald M. Sheets jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
The Weather Channel Interactive
404.293.8762