[ale] Starting a service (was: Loading kernel modules at boot)

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 20 09:49:22 EST 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 09:27:55PM -0500, Stephen Cristol wrote:
> Since this service script gets run as root, I was surprised by the
> "permission denied". Any suggestions on why this isn't working?

It's difficult to tell without knowing what your service does, but
verify the permissions on the mountpoint and the device file are
correct.  Also, make sure you have access to the webdav server you're
trying to mount.

Also, I assume you know this, but there is a webdav filesystem for linux:
http://dav.sourceforge.net

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9