[ale] unusual problem with nic

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Mar 18 10:26:03 EST 2006

Geoffrey wrote:
> I'm having an unusual problem with a compaq computer.  Just installed
> SuSE 10.0 and all went well, except when it attempted to do the online
> update and get latest release notes.  Figured I'd work on that after the
> full install.

More info on this problem.  This is a dual boot box and the nic works
fine under XP.

The actual internal nic is identified as an hp rtl-8139/8139c/8139+

I slapped a cheap belkin card in there and it works flawlessly.  I
should have done that to start with, but there's something about getting
something to work that SHOULD work. :)

Just the same, if anyone has any ideas, do post.  There is a kernel
upgrade with this update, although I don't know if there's any network
updates with it.

Unless I find/hear something that says 'oh, do this..' to fix this
problem, I'll simply leave it as is.

--
Until later, Geoffrey