[ale] OT: Creating a URI on Windoze

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Mar 16 15:17:58 EST 2006

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Is it possible to create a non-standard URI in windows?
>
> I want to display a link on a web page that will fire up a PCAnywhere
> client to a remote machine.  I guess I also need to somehow be able to
> tell PCA what remote to connect to.

A while back, I opened a command.com window from netscape by placing the
full path to it in the location window.  Thus, I think if you can
address the 'remote to connect to' issue, you might give that a spin.

I actually would hope that later versions of windows would disallow such
activity.  I don't like the idea of a browser running any application on
my computer..

--
Until later, Geoffrey