[ale] Anyone using an HP Officejet Pro K550

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 16 10:42:56 EST 2006

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this printer working in CUPS.  Per
some research I'm using the hplip driver (I have 0.9.4 installed) and
*thought* I had it working by choosing a late-model HP photo driver (HP
PhotoSmart 7960 Foomatic/hpijs), but the colors aren't right today (I
thought it was OK the other day).

Now I notice that the red colors are too light or incomplete on the test
page color wheel (red is mostly yellow, magenta is 3/4 white, cyan and
blue are the same color of blue).

The printer is shown as "works perfectly" at linuxprinting.org.

Ink levels, as reported by the "ink" command line program show all ink
at >70%.  Not sure if there's a way to clean the nozzles on this, but it
is only a couple days old.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

-Trey