[ale] OT Epson Ink Cartridges

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Thu Mar 16 09:04:28 EST 2006

M[s|r]. Linux -

Not with the C80, but I've been happy (well, usually!) refilling Epson
740i and 1280 cartridges. I've used Stratitec inks from Sams, but they
may not keep stocking them. The 1280 has a memory chip, and I use a
chip-resetting device I got from Stratitec for "shipping and handling"
only.

When I buy cartridges, I get Amazon brand by mail from PC Mall. For the
graphic-arts types (not me!!) they even have 1280 cartridges with
Pantone inks. (That would be the !refill() market, naturally.)

There's a '*.peripherals.printers' newsgroup that stays current (read:
"flames away constantly") on these issues. Check your .newsrc for their
correct name.

 - Mills