[ale] Mythtv Build-In

Cliff Free brd at alumni.clemson.edu
Thu Mar 16 08:12:31 EST 2006

You'd have to put the mythtv between your dish box and the TV, just like
with a VCR.  The drawback is you may not be able to control the dish box (
i.e. change channels) via the mythtv interface.  I'm not sure about all
this, but I've heard that its more difficult to get mythtv to work with a
satellite set-up.

On 3/16/06, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> On Thu March 16 2006 7:34 am, Cliff Free wrote:
> > The PVR350 is Hauppauge's Personal Video Recorder PCI card with a HW
> > MPEG2 codec and an FM reciever. It works with basic cable.
>
> so, if I hooked this card into my splitter from the DISH feed, it would
> receive the signal? or is this just the recording piece, that needs
> the feed from the HD3000..
>
> > The
> > HD3000 is made by pcHDTV and is a PCI ATSC/NTSC reception card. The
> > ATSC means it can do HDTV decoding (software only for this card) and
> > NTSC means it can do broadcast TV decoding. The "reception" part
> > means it only works for over the air signals.
> >Oh yeah, the HD3000 can recieve Cable/QAM signals, too!
>
> wassa QAM?? I'm out here in the sticks, south of Commerce, cable hasn't
> made it here and I doubt it will in my lifetime, the population
> density in Madison County is.. well, pretty low:) 300 housing starts a
> year! When we moved here I get DISH, we had DirecTV back in Conyers,
> but I like this setup. I have it hooked to 2 TVs, so I can either
> watch 2 different shows, or I can watch something and record something
> else at the same time..
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800

"the best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley" -- Robert Burns