[ale] Mythtv Build-In

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Mar 16 07:57:10 EST 2006

On Thu March 16 2006 7:34 am, Cliff Free wrote:
> The PVR350 is Hauppauge's Personal Video Recorder PCI card with a HW
> MPEG2 codec and an FM reciever. ?It works with basic cable.

so, if I hooked this card into my splitter from the DISH feed, it would
receive the signal? or is this just the recording piece, that needs
the feed from the HD3000..

> The
> HD3000 is made by pcHDTV and is a PCI ATSC/NTSC reception card. ?The
> ATSC means it can do HDTV decoding (software only for this card) and
> NTSC means it can do broadcast TV decoding. ?The "reception" part
> means it only works for over the air signals.
>Oh yeah, the HD3000 can recieve Cable/QAM signals, too!

wassa QAM?? I'm out here in the sticks, south of Commerce, cable hasn't
made it here and I doubt it will in my lifetime, the population
density in Madison County is.. well, pretty low:) 300 housing starts a
year! When we moved here I get DISH, we had DirecTV back in Conyers,
but I like this setup. I have it hooked to 2 TVs, so I can either
watch 2 different shows, or I can watch something and record something
else at the same time..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800