[ale] Mythtv Build-In

Cliff Free brd at alumni.clemson.edu
Thu Mar 16 07:34:02 EST 2006

On 3/16/06, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> On Wed March 15 2006 8:39 pm, H P Ladds wrote:
> I guess I'm confused then. If I have Dish satellite, wouldn't the
> MythTV hook into that setup?
> I think I even downloaded knoppmyth once, but I have no cluse what a
> PVR350 is or the HD3000.

The PVR350 is Hauppauge's Personal Video Recorder PCI card with a HW MPEG2
codec and an FM reciever.  It works with basic cable.  The HD3000 is made by
pcHDTV and is a PCI ATSC/NTSC reception card.  The ATSC means it can do HDTV
decoding (software only for this card) and NTSC means it can do broadcast TV
decoding.  The "reception" part means it only works for over the air
signals.

--
"the best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley" -- Robert Burns