[ale] CDMA under Linux

Philip Polstra ppolstra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 22:21:30 EST 2006

Yes, the PCMCIA card essentially has two USB ports inside it.  One channel
is used for the modem that connects to the ISP.  You set up PPP complete
with chat scripts just like you would with a dialup account.

BTW, don't make the mistake I made of getting the 5740 card, it has no
external antenna port.  I ended up picking up a 5220 card on e-bay and an
external antenna.